Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Why I write and quotes

I have always loved to write, poems mostly. In the last two years I have been writing more than in the past and taking it quite seriously. I participated in an Inprint class the last two months and it was amazing. My teacher was brilliant. Writing and art making go hand in hand for me. That is why I am seeking to fuse the two in my current work. I want to draw on my poems and write on my drawings. I want to cover the walls with drawings and poems. I think there are always connections between the two in my work although they may not be readily apparent. Here are some quotes by poets and artists I have come across lately that speak to me.

Nature is a psychopath.
Humor is disruptive of authority.
Nothingness if a structure.
...the hand in art...stay malleable.
...handwriting around the edge like tatting, like lace made by hand.
...by getting the reader to participate in making the meaning does it become a poem.
-Alice Fulton

Your thorns are the best part of you.
Most natural emeralds are heavily flawed.
-Marianne Moore

The days you work are the best days.
-Georgia O'Keeffe

For everything we reveal we must conceal four times.
?

No comments: