Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ah!!!!

What a whirlwind couple of weeks this has been! Tonight before the Real (Art) World Meet and Greet my students are having an opening for their show in our new gallery at HCC Northline (Northeast). Make sure to be there, 5-7pm, to check out some really cool art by some very talented blossoming artists! You can check it out and still make it to DW for the meet and greet!

So their have been all kinds of challenges with the show for my students at HCC but I think they have all been resolved and we are ready to go. It is so cool to see something like this come together and I am really proud of my students. I have been dividing my time between HCC and DW but after tonight I can concentrate on DW which I am really excited about. The energy was really jumping last night at DW. Maria was sewing away (really cool stuff) and Kia was working her ass off! Wow. Her work is looking great. It is really great to see everything evolving in everyone's spaces.

I am a little divided between my sculptures and drawings and I have been hopping back and forth. A little frustrating. I need to have a studio visit and bounce some of these ideas off someone and get a fresh perspective. Almost every night when I try to go to sleep the ideas are spinning in my brain and I try to write them all down so now I have lists of ideas and it's a little all over the place! Oh well. I am being productive and have lots more time to work. We are going to have a closing open studio at the end of the residency so hopefully things will resolve themselves.

Oh, I loved doing the interview on KPFT last Friday. I hope some of you were able to catch it. Eric and Kia were cool as cucumbers but I was nervous. Robert was great and really set me at ease. Once we began I didn't want to stop!!! It was so fun. I was like, give me that microphone. I made the bad joke of wanting to sing into it and that was mentioned on air. AH! My family listened. Sweet. Three adults, two children and three dogs were all squished into my Dad's tiny office so they could listen on line. When I saw my sisters, they kept repeating things I had said on the air such as, "I love to talk!" and "...it's a departure from the work I've been doing" to tease me.

Lots to do.
See you tonight!

No comments: